Connect with us

Livepress

General

Baby mistakenly Swallows 5-Inch Spoon While Mother Was Trying To Use It To Remove Bone From Her Throat (Video)

A baby has ended up swallowing a 5-inch spoon while the mother was trying to use it to remove a bone from her throat.

An x-ray image shows the shadow of the spoon in the female patient’s duodenum and doctors decided to conduct an endoscopy to extract the utensil. She has since recovered 
A baby in China had to undergo surgery after accidentally swallowing a metal spoon when she was using it to dislodge a fish bone stuck in her throat.
The patient, named as Lili, left the 13-centimetre (five-inch) long utensil in her body for at least four days because she didn’t experience any pain or discomfort, Chinese media reported.
Following an X-ray and an endoscopy – where a tiny plastic tube with an attached camera is inserted in the patient’s body – doctors in Shenzhen retrieved the utensil from the patient’s duodenum.
The mom then decided to wait for several days as she didn’t feel any pain in her stomach.
Following an endoscopy – where a tiny plastic tube with an attached camera is inserted in the patient’s body – doctors in Shenzhen retrieved the utensil from the patient’s duodenum

Continue Reading
You may also like...

More in General

To Top
Open